life | design | style

On your marks. Get set. Get Fabulous!

| On
6/25/2014




Today, I'll be heading to a horse derby event. I'm really excited.



One of the things that I've always wanted to do in my life's bucket list is to attend the Kentucky Derby and wear one of those big fancy hats! Or try and look as glamorous as Kate Middleton - style crush! Anyways, tonights event is a very mini Kentucky Derby with a twist. It's the (Interior) Designer Derby event where you can drink mint juleps, mingle with other professionals, and watch the horse races. And what wouldn't be a derby if you didn't look the part? Yep, that's right! I'll be dressing as if I'd be going to the actual event. However, I had to make and put together my own derby hat. There will be a hat making competition.  And, I will share with you what I've put together! I thought this would be easy. Nope. It was challenge putting together this derby hat. Of course, I went with safe colors. Black. Mainly. Don't worry, there are emeralds, dark blues, ... browns...

First, I needed a base, a hat with a big rim. Next, are the glamor accessories. I ironically went with only two. I thought I'd have 5-10 different items, but I think I'll go tame this year. :)




You can shape and mess with the feathers gently.  Just take the "spine" with your thumb and index finger to curl it.



Then, I went to place the feathers and the flower of where I wanted them to go. Next, I grabbed my hot glue gun, placed a dot as to where my feathers will go. Lastly, I glued the back of my flower and placed it on top of the end of the feathers to hide the wire. Wala! 


But wait.. I'm not ready to show the final result just yet. 

Stayed tuned!

Ca-ca-Catie

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature