life | design | style

Getting Healthy Series: Week 4

| On
6/23/2014
URG! It's been a little bit ruff for me, I'll tell ya. One day I'm at it, killing it, the next, bad habits return. SO FRUSTRATING!! The thing is, I have a negative self image of myself. I hate that I don't feel good in my clothes, hate when I look at myself in the mirror! Just no self-confidence. Why oh why do I get myself at this point? What will it take for me to stick with it and stay? How in the heck did I do it a couple of years ago and pretty much kept it off? One of the reason why I know I'm at war with my body is my drastic changes that I've had in this last couple of years. I've seriously had the highest and the highs along with the lowest of lows happen. And please, I'm not saying feel sorry for me. I know that my events are probably even child's play against other situations. But for me, it was tuff - I know I'm still struggling to except was has happened. Anyway, now that I've gotten some of that off my chest, I'm starting to have more support through friends and family. That is so important to me to have someone have your back and are there to support you. Makes a world of difference. For this week, I'm sharing with you my motivation board.  One of the ladies that really caught my attention was Gina Neely. Do you know her? I don't really watch her show since I don't have cable. Her and her husband have a pretty popular food network show called "Down with the Neely's". I think. When I had t.v., I saw her with a few pounds on her body. Then recently one night I was watching my Hulu and came across Celebrity Wife Swap , she was on one of the episodes. She had lost weight and by looking at her and knowing what she does, I was really inspired! Here is this video of Gina explaining what she did. Have you ever don't yourself a motivation board? What has motivated you?

2 comments on "Getting Healthy Series: Week 4"
  1. When you are in the process of changing from old habits to new, be kind to yourself. The most difficult part of changing habits is that you are rewiring your brain. This is hard work and requires constant consciousness in the areas you want to change.

    I know what you mean about self image. I think it is something everyone struggles with. I am learning to love how I look now, even though it isn't where i want to be.

    Someone recently tagged me in a very unflattering picture of myself on facebook. I am clearly over weight in my bathing suit, holding my baby. Initially I cringed because in my minds eye I do not look that way. Lol. But that photo is from one of the happiest days of my life. I know my body will continue to change. So for now I decided I will just see the picture and remember how I FELT that day... full of love, joy, and happiness.

    Something I am trying is to set goals but not to focus so much on the end result but to focus on and enjoy the process or the system I create to achieve that goal. That is what i am using to motivate myself. I will celebrate the small achievements along the way as a rewire my brain.

    I love reading your blog. You are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your kind words and wisdom! I'm glad you enjoy reading my blog - it means a lot to hear that. I liked how you said "enjoy the process", it's something I should remind myself as I go on with this journey.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature