life | design | style

Getting Healthy Series: Week Three

| On
6/16/2014
Hi there, friend! Well I'm here  reflecting on week 3 and I kind of fell off the wagon just a bit. I'm learning now that you have to just accept it, move on, and don't dare quit. I still need to remind myself to take it one step at a time. However, here is what I do know that has changed; I really don't care for pop anymore. Really. Actually, I've didn't care for it much before but, now it really doesn't sound good. I'm realizing that I prefer more veggies now, more so then ever. These are small victories that will make a huge difference later on. Again, remembering to take it one step at a time.

I should have done this a couple of weeks ago, however, this post will be about organizing yourself skinny, or fitter. Just a tips for you that I believe is very vital on your journey to transition on a more healthy lifestyle. You may already know of these.

1. Go through all your food and get rid of what I call empty calories which are the processed foods that I'm sure you have somewhere in your pantry. These would be donuts, (most) cereal, chips, those snack-like food that you find in the cookie, chip, isle. Really, get rid of it. Think of it as a long term investment for your body.



 2. Always have frozen "fresh" fruit in your freezer. This is a HUGE money saving tip. Sometimes I'm terrible at getting to my fresh fruits on time or I just forget that I even have them. Having frozen fruit might have more nutrients then you think. Or, when you pick-up produce from your local market,put them in the freezer just so they'll last longer. I have yet to try this, but place grapes in the freezer and then use them as a snack for later.





3. Next, perhaps one of the most important tip, is watching your portions. I know, so original right? Here is what you really need, a coffee cup and a salad plate. Really! Salad plates are obviously smaller than dinner plate but will also create an illusion that you are filling up your plate to the gills. It could also help you train your eye on smaller portions. Catching my drift?






4. My last tip on organizing yourself skinny is a food scale and measuring cups. Again this is suppose to help control the portions and to visually train what would be the right amount.




Oh wait, I do have one more tip. Its water. Always be drinking water and so much of it per day. I'm sure you might have heard if you drink so much of it before you eat, it kind of helps curb the appetite. It also make your skin look great and helps flush out some of the toxins. My favorite thing to drink out of is a camelback water bottle. They come in a lot of pretty colors to.


Also, I just want to let you know, I'm not a doctor nor a nutritionist. I'm sharing with you what I know and what has personally worked for me.

What has been your favorite tip that you always go to? Please share!













Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature