life | design | style

Getting Healthy Series: Week Seven

| On
7/14/2014



I'm always on the lookout for the right tools to help me, motivate me, and encourage me with my weight loss journey. These tools are to help me keep on track and to add variety because I just get bored really fast. Especially with exercising. However, this past week, my husband and I decided to join a gym. Man am I glad I did! First off, the price was unbelievable. Like to good to be true. $20 for the both of us! Yep! Plus, we get to sit down with a personal trainer and come up with a workout program to fit our needs or goals. I was going to share that with you today but my appointment was cancelled because the trainer got sick. Hopefully next week.

For this weeks series, I'm going to share with you my favorite apps, sites, and other great tools to help keep you motivated and perhaps more accountable. At least give them a try.


Favorite apps:

myfitnesspal  - to track your food intake and exercises. You can even scan your foods to make tracking faster.

lolo   - this is an app as a personal trainer. There is an variety of them like training for a 5k, 10k, dumbbells, kettle bell, etc,.. I love working with kettle bells which is the one I have.You do have to pay like $3 for the app but I think it is well worth it. It does kick your butt! :)

10k - A free app to get training to run a 10k. I was hoping to do a half, but for the time I have left to train for one, I'd be pushing it and potentially setting myself up for injury. So I'm looking at a more realistic goal, and that is the 10k one.

Pandora - Do I really need to explain this one? They do have great music if you need to listen to       something else on your smart phone.




Favorite Site:

Skinnytaste.com - LOVE this site. I've been following her for years. She has a lot of variety of skinny dishes with great eye candy. She also breaks down all the nutrition value of her dishes so you can calculate it.




Favorite Magazines:

Cooking Light - great dishes and ideas to get creative with your meals.

Weight Watchers - Oh you know, keeping up with the latest science on weight-loss and such.

Muscle & Fitness Hers - Great motivating magazine and workout routines to try.



What are your other favorite media tools? Please share - I'm always on the lookout.

Time to head out to the gym!




3 comments on "Getting Healthy Series: Week Seven"
  1. I have been debating on getting a Fitbit. I have used Myfitnesspal in the past with a lot of success, but this time I'm just not that motivated to keep up with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try Fitbit! But I just can't afford it for the time being. :( If you get it, you should let me know how you like it. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature