life | design | style

Getting Healthy: Week Ten

| On
8/04/2014



For this weeks of my series of getting healthy, I'll be sharing with you my typical workout. It does vary really. Sometimes I play a game with myself on the cardio machines. But I always, always at least get in 40 -60 minutes in for the day. Always. The first cardio machine I head to would be the treadmill. You can find what I do here for my treadmill work outs. I do try to run on the treadmill for up to an hour but I tend to get bored. I'll either head for the elliptical or the stationary bike to finish the rest of the my goal time.

The gym I attend is Planet Fitness, and they have a great circuit training section. It includes stair stepping for adding cardio, and weight machines. I love the circuit training. Cardio and weight training for a half hour. It really seems to go a lot faster then you think. When it comes to time, I always at least do 30 minutes of hard cardio and then their circuit training.

On my long days, 45-90 minutes of cardio, and weight training. You should concentrate on a certain group of muscles like legs, arms, abs, you get the picture. What ever machines are there around you,  target the muscles you want to work on, and do 3 sets of 8/10.  I hope this helps you get an idea of what your wanting to do at the gym. Happy working out!

Thanks for visiting!


*But sure to consult with your doctor before doing any exercise program. I'm not a professional trainer in any way, this is all by my opinion and what I find works well for me.* 
1 comment on "Getting Healthy: Week Ten "
  1. Go for it, sister! It's always a wise choice to give time for fitness everyday. 45 to 90 minutes is a lot but as long as you're happy and not worn out, that's good. :) I do my own circuit routine for 30 minutes only + 10-min ab workout. I love it! My heartbeat always goes through the roof in a shorter amount of time.

    J
    http://wildforwhite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature