life | design | style

2016 to 2017

| On
12/31/2016





Am I the only one that is a little sad that this magical time of year is pretty much over? In addition I am always so bummed out on missing the chance to blog about a Christmas home tour, the parties or the fashion... Once mid November hits, there are so many events within the designer community, I mean Christmas party after Christmas party and or doing things for the community, that I haven't really been able to get around to doing some of my own Christmas traditions. Not that Im complaining about the events and fun of the season, I just wish the time wouldn't fly by so quickly.

I wanted to take a moment to reflect on 2016. It's been a little ruff. Though I don't want to get too deep of what all happened this last year -the list itself would require its own blog post!  One of the top moments was we have lost my furry best friend, Koby, to cancer. We weren't really looking yet but we happened to come across a local breeder who had a litter a few weeks after we lost him. We ended up adopting a 6 week old golden named Beau to heal our hearts.  He's done just that.



On Halloween, I started at a new firm - an architecture firm to be exact. I am so forever grateful for the opportunity because it couldn't have come at a better time. Believe it or not, I am grateful for the brokenness because it is what teaches you to have more faith and more forgiveness in your life. A few years ago, I lost my mom very suddenly to a very tragic accident. Everything seemed to turned upside down and felt as if I had to find a new identity. It was so hard. My boss at the time gave me a small silver pocket charm that states, 'Let go, Let God'. Ever since then, I have always carried that mantra with me. It is always his grace that carries me through the confusion, the loneliness, the failures, the struggles in my professional and personal life. Its all in his timing. Always.

So whats in it for me this 2017? I've already been working on a few things like trying to grow more spiritually, workout more, run more, read more... And then lastly, ripping off the band-aid on taking the tests to become a certified Interior Designer. I think there will be a lot of great things happening this coming year. Like I have said 2016 has been a little ruff, but I think it has ended well. Perhaps this is a taste of the year to come?


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature